Marcus Today Pre-Market Podcast – Wednesday 30th November
November 30, 2022
- The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite closed lower for a third straight session Tuesday as traders struggled to recover from sharp losses suffered in the previous session and looked ahead to more economic tea leaves coming later in the week.
- The Nasdaq Composite shed 0.59% to close at 10,983.78. The S&P 500 lost 0.16%, ending the day at 3,957.63. The Dow Jones Industrial Average notched a marginal gain, closing 3.07 points, or 0.01%, higher at 33,852.53.
- Data out of Germany, Spain and Brazil signaled that inflation in the country could be cooling, as desired by officials, Reuters reported. German consumer prices in comparison to other European Union countries rose 11.3% in November, cooling slightly.
- RBA’s Jonathan Kearns, head of domestic markets, speaks at the 2022 Australian Securitisation Conference in Sydney at 11am;
- Third quarter construction work done, building approvals October, private sector credit October and CPI indicator October all at 11.30am. Australian CPI today expected to be 7.8% up from 7.3%
Get up to speed with Henry Jennings’ Pre-Market Podcast.
Why not sign up for a free trial? Get access to expert insights and research and become a better investor.